Many of us are already familiar with the risks and dangers of smoking weed. So in this post, we’re going to focus on the benefits of marijuana.
The health benefits of smoking pot are well documented and have been proven by scientific research and tests. Here’s what I consider a comprehensive list of the real benefits of smoking weed:
1. Smoking marijuana has been found to be helpful for people who are undergoing chemotherapy. Chemotherapy can trigger all kinds of side effects including nausea and vomiting, and smoking weed can help ease these symptoms.
2. It can also treat insomnia. Some people who have been suffering from insomnia for a long time have resorted to weed so they can sleep through the night.
3. It can remove eye pressure for those who have glaucoma. Years ago, scientists discovered that marijuana can temporarily relieve glaucoma symptoms and tried to create eye drops that contained marijuana or its active component which is THC however because it is insoluble in water, they were not successful. Smoking weed seems to be the only alternative.
4. Marijuana helps with creativity. This is why a lot of famous creative minds often puff marijuana (or sometimes Heroin).
5. Marijuana also provides relief for tooth pain although some dentists would recommend that you apply THC topically instead of smoking pot.
6. Anxiety can be treated using certain strains of marijuana. You’ll need to check various strains to find one that will work for you. When you smoke weed, your mind will feel more relaxed and you will not be as stressed as you were prior to this “treatment.”
7. Lastly, marijuana can help those who have eating disorders, especially those suffering from anorexia. Smoking weed will improve your appetite so you’ll be healthier and get all the nutrients your body needs.
Should You Smoke Pot Everyday? Smoking weed from time to time may not be as effective as smoking it everyday especially if you’re suffering from chronic health issues. For example, if you have severe insomnia, you will only be able to sleep through the night after smoking weed. The same is true for those who are suffering from long-term anxiety or from conditions that cause debilitating pain. You’ll need your daily dose of this herb to relieve your symptoms.
Does It Cause Side Effects? There are effects associated with marijuana consumption and many of those who have been smoking weed regularly can tell you this is true. For one, you may experience short-term memory loss and you may eventually gain weight (too much, sometimes). The crash can also be nasty to some, and if you abruptly stop smoking weed, you may experience undesirable withdrawal symptoms. But when used properly, the benefits of smoking weed far outweighs whatever side effects it may produce.